CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, October 1, 2007

No fooling me




After months apart, it was time to visit my neurologist for a hospital follow-up visit. This took place last Friday, September 28th. I had great difficulties even scheduling the visit so once Dr. Goyal called me back on Friday to be seen, he was sure to express how glad he was that I finally made it in and to also apologize for all of the troubles in making the appointment. As I was headed back to the room, another doctor needed him. He told me which room to go into and said he would be with me in a moment. I went ahead and went in and as I looked around, noticed a sign on the wall that said, "Gyn Room". Below, were all kinds of gynelogical tools listed. My parents had come to the room with me to overhear what he would say so I pointed the sign out to them and said, "What in the world am I doing in here?!" As Dr. Goyal came back in, I said, "Dr. Goyal, this says this is the Gyn Room and I don't believe that is what I came for." He laughed. He had no idea why they chose to put Gynecology and Neurology on the same floor in the same office. As expected, we went over basic things and then discussed my health. I was starting to get a bit nervous as I thought he may not get around to the things I was certain he would do. No need to be getting impatient for he did not disappoint. Soon, he came around and pulled out his "book" to show me a picture of different items and ask me to tell him what each was (checking my memory as well as my speech). I was quick to let him know that I was very excited to be going over all of it as I'd been practicing at home. He did, however, have me do a few things that I had forgotten about doing while in the hospital. All in all, we covered everything I had become so good at though--touching my finger to my nose and then to his finger, squeezing his fingers with my hands, following his finger with my eyes. I had it all down. There was no fooling me - I knew what was going to take place! I think he was rather amused. Anyway, some of you have heard much about the handsome (but married) doctor. So, I posted the picture of the two of us. Unfortunately, just as my dad got the camera into focus, another doctor walked by the room and was talking and Dr. Goyal glanced over there. Hence the reason for his wandering eyes.