CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

"I'm Gonna Be A Superstar!"

I have always loved to sing even from a very young age. As kids, my sister and I would sing constantly. So much so that we received many microphones as kids and also got a few singing machines through the years. Oftentimes, we would put in a cassette tape and record ourselves singing all kinds of things. Last week, I decided to make use of one of those singing machines that has been left untouched for a while. I turned on the mic and sang some songs to some accompaniment tapes. While in the basement doing so, I came across an old cassette tape. I carried it up the steps and listened to it in it's entirety. I was rolling on the floor because I was laughing so hard. The tape was one that Haley and I had recorded at least 8 years ago, possibly even 10 or 12 years ago. What a grand entrance we made - burping! Let me share with you, just a few of the things on the tape...Haley saying excitedely, "I think Jase is home!" (Jase lived down the street and Haley's crush for a while), the two of us bickering back and forth, us sounding like dead dogs howling on some of the songs, Haley telling me to sing a song she knows, me asking Haley if she can't sing with a better tone quality and so much more. At one point, Haley yells, "Yo, yo, yo...what's up G-Funk?" Haley also gives a weather update during the midst of all the other entertainment. Later, my voice is heard saying, "Miss Spectacular, Here she is!" (and I was talking about myself) while Haley asks, "Heather, who are you talking to. No one's gonna listen to this!" I reply with, "Yes they are, I'm gonna be famous!" Anyway, listening to us sing praise and worship songs, old hymns, goofy songs, rap, etc. just brought back many good memories. Though I would run around as a kid with that microphone in hand singing, "Celebration" and "I'm So Excited" and my Mema just KNEW that I was going to be a singer one day....I am not. I'll just have to relive those moments through the old tapes!