CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, October 5, 2007

Compassion International



One of the most exciting things to take place in my life has been the opportunity to share hope and the love of Jesus with a child whom I have never met in person. A number of years ago, I felt God leading me to sponsor a child through Compassion International. After searching online for a child to sponsor, I chose Ares Carles in the Dominican Republic. Such a neat experience it has been to watch her grow throughout the years...not only in her appearance but in her knowledge and faith. I am overjoyed each time I receive an update from her as she typically refers to me as "Aunt Heather" and is sure to thank me for sponsoring her. She often takes time to draw me pictures or request prayer for not just herself but her family. I encourage each of you to ask God if He may be softening your heart to help the many children around the world that are much less fortunate than you or I have ever been. I pray, God-willing, that I will one day be able to travel to the Dominican and meet this angel face to face.