CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Livin' in the 1940's



Sunday afternoon, I had quite the memorable time. My dad, sister, cousin and I went down to the Edison Theater at Washington University to travel back in time to the 1940's. The drama department at Wash-U was performing songs from the 1940's. I knew a number of the songs that were played (one of which was I'll be seeing You-the song on the video) and enjoyed hearing them very much so. I venture to say that we were some of the younger individuals there as the majority were well in their 60's+. I thought about the fact that many of the songs played were songs that my grandparents probably listened to as young people-they probably even fell in love to some of the songs. What a grand time it was to go back to a time when I would love to have lived through.