CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, October 6, 2007

Take me back to the 80's

Like most young people, I joined facebook many months ago. Of course, I am able to add-on all kinds of applications to my profile and spice things up a bit. Several weeks ago, I added the "Checklist of the Day" application. Each day, there is a new list and one is able to check off each thing they have done, worn or whatever the case may be. The other day, the list was in regards to fads, styles and trends that people had participated in. As I read through the list, I realized how many of the things I had forgotten about. Yet, at the same time, many of them seemed as if I just did them yesterday. Checking the things off the list made me think of the Mark Wills' song "1980 Something" in which he lists many of the things that we, the kids of the 80's grew up with. So many of these were on the facebook checklist as well. Even better, some of those things have made a return - Transformers, Strawberry Shortcake, My Little Ponies & Rainbow Brite. Remember the days of legwarmers? Slap bracelets? Atari? Hypercolor shirts? Tight-rolled jeans? My, oh my, those were the days! Some things would be better left unvisited forever!