CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, June 11, 2009

Partyin' It Up at the Wade's

Shelby & Cody sit outside awaiting the rest of their family for group photos

One of their 2 Black Labs (not sure if this is Ace or Indy)


Me & Cody Wade...perhaps the next Steven Spielberg?

In addition to the birthday party we had in store last Saturday, we also had a graduation party to attend...to celebrate Shelby's graduation from Francis Howell High School (which, had we not have moved...would have been the school I would have graduated from. I'd have been a Viking rather than a Bulldog!). The Wade family & our family go back many, many years. My dad & Mike have been friends since childhood & still today, remain good friends though they rarely see one another. Mike's wife, Beth, likes to tell (as she did during the party on Saturday) that I am in all of their wedding pictures...I was probably no more than 2 years old at the time. Our families have been friends for a long time. I remember when I was a kid, we would go to their house & they had a houseful (or so it seemed) of Labradors. I was terrified of them for the longest time & over the years, I grew to love those dogs. Whenever I would think of going to Mike & Beth's, I'd anticipate & look forward to seeing the dogs. Those dogs are long gone now but they have 2 other Labs. I was more than excited to get to play with them on Saturday. Mike has always been very funny & always a jokester...a lot of fun to be around. Growing up, I was the oldest so when Cody & Shelby came into the picture, I never really had anything to do with them in the few times of seeing them. It seems unreal to me that, like myself, they are not kids anymore either. Cody was leaving on Sunday to head to L.A. for an internship with the American Film Institute. I went ahead & requested a photo of he & I...just in case he should ever become someone famous! Shelby will be starting college in the fall. Though I would loved to have been able to stay & visit longer with the family, I'm glad for the time we had together. The Wade's are treasured friends for sure.