CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Laughter Filled the Park

Adrianna showing off her new sunglasses received as one of her many presents.


Like Father like son

My lil' Buddy, Noah

My Hannah Bug swingin' away

Amazing what a 6 yr. old can convince people to do--our silly faces at the request of Adrianna!

Someone wanted to be goofy for our picture together.

Me & Ian-lovin' the new do kiddo!

My flight through the air

This past Saturday was a rather busy one. After attending a graduation party, we headed to Civic Park to celebrate Adrianna's 6th b-day. Is it me or do kids seem to grow up way too fast? We had a tasty BBQ & then Adrianna got busy opening her many gifts. She is now well-stocked on Hannah Montana items. As we all know, that is important--kids just "have to have" everything Hannah Montana. She also got some new outfits as well. However, those didn't seem to impress her as greatly as all of the Hannah Montana things. Once all the gifts were opened & we had sang a beautiful rendition of "Happy Birthday" & ate cupcakes, everyone did their own thing. Some played catch with footballs & softballs; others played Frisbee. Then, there were people like myself--who opted out of the sports arena & went straight to playing with the kids. Hannah Bug asked me to take her swinging so I walked her down to the swings & pushed her. Hannah's a talker...she rambled on & on to me about anything & everything she could think of (she's almost 4) as she was swinging. I couldn't hear or understand half of her conversation since she was flying back & forth past me. I did catch on to her ratting out her baby brother as she told me that Baby Drew cries a lot & he bothers her stuff. That little lady kills me she's so funny. After I wore myself out pushing her, it was off to help Adrianna & Rose on the big kid swings. Finally, my turn had come. I sat my tush on the swing & was ready to go. Seems that swinging is not nearly as easy as it was when I was a child. As a kid, I don't think I really ever noticed how much upper body strength is needed to propel yourself up in the air. Needless to say, I was lacking. My cousin's friend, Jordan, was kind enough to give this big kid a push. She pushed alright...got me high enough that I was screaming. Then the laughter came. I could not hold in my laughing. I'm pretty sure that my family looking on was finding the situation quite amusing. It had been years since I'd been on a swing! The weather could not have been any nicer out that day & I think everyone enjoyed themselves immensely. Chanda...good work, the park was a wonderful idea!!