CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Pop's Day-2009



Father's Day is nearly over for the year & yet, it's been a busy day. As soon as I'm done writing this, I intend to go watch Jesse James' new t.v. program with my dad. We both enjoy the show very much so it's a special time for us to share together (plus, I think I've a crush on Jesse James. Who knew I was into the bad boy type? Just kidding--I don't really have a crush on Jesse though he does seem like a nice enough guy & I do find him hysterically funny). I was pleased to go into the Lord's house this morning. I went to Sunday School & was overjoyed when I learned we were beginning a new study--on Paul the Apostle. Paul happens to be my favorite person in the Bible (well, next to Jesus of course) so I know I'll enjoy this series. I confess...I did not stay for the church service. I came home & after a while, my aunt arrived here at our home to meet us to go to Stumpy's BBQ for lunch (or dinner--whatever you call at 3:00 in the afternoon meal). My aunt came in & found me & offered a hug & words of advice & encouragement to me regarding the situation I'm in prayer about. I thank God for the amazing family He's blessed me with...each & every one of them. We then went & met the rest of the family for our meal. I had a ball watching the kids play. Who knew that rolling high chairs all over the place could be so much fun? Yet, the kids were laughing non-stop. After our meal, we all went back to my aunt & uncle's house for dessert (cupcakes & homemade ice cream-YUMMY!!). Jordan (a friend of my cousin's) arrived a little later & began setting up beauty/barber shop in the home. Jordan is currently in Cosmotology School so it's good for her to be able to get practice in. She cut both Noah & Lisa's hair. I came close to allowing her to do mine tonight (she was ready to do so) but I backed out when I thought about the fact that I might want to wait until after my trip to Nicaragua so that while I'm there, I may pull it up when I'm dying of heat. I don't know...I may wind up calling her before my trip asking her to go ahead & chop it off...never know with me. Now, we're back at the ole' homestead (as my mom calls it) & I'm in the midst of doing laundry-Oh joy. Have I mentioned that I HATE doing laundry? Well anyway, Happy Father's Day to all the Dad's out there!