CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, June 14, 2009

Hiding Them In My Heart

Years ago, I set out to by this book as a gift for someone. As I began to look at the book myself, I knew that I couldn't resist--I too, was in need of a copy. I'm sure you are thinking that I'm a bit old for a children's Bible Story book. The book itself is not what I was really desiring; it was the enclosed CD with 100 Bible songs. I knew many of the songs were songs that my grandma had taught me as a child. They were songs that were still in my memory thanks to grandma & time spent in church. I bought the book...yep, a grown adult buying a kids book for thyself. I'm not ashamed to admit it! I'm also not embarrassed to say that I have listened to the CD many, many times. Several weeks ago, I pulled disc 1 out to play in my car. I've been singing along to those songs for days. This morning, it was time to switch to disc 2. As I sang songs like "I'm the Lord's Army", "His Banner Over Me is Love", "Do Lord" I thought about being in Young Musicians at Edmundson Road Baptist Church a a kid singing those songs. I thought about time spent at Mt. Carmel Baptist in Ft. Payne, AL for VBS & singing those songs. Even as I was on my way to church & "I'm in the Lord's Army" came on, I found myself trying to do the actions (marching in the infantry, riding on the cavalry, shooting the artillery, zooming oer the enemy). Though taught to me long ago, they still resonate within me. Simple songs of yesteryear that still are impressed upon my heart.