CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, June 21, 2009

May I Bless His Name Even Through Pain

Due to traveling out of town to take part in the birthday celebration of a family member a couple of weeks ago, I missed church that Sunday. Therefore, I also missed hearing Pastor Bob's first sermon from his series on the book of James. That particular Sunday, he was preaching on understanding trials. Days later, I attempted to listen to the sermon online. I tried numerous times to listen but each time, I'd only make it about 20 minutes in before something would occur leaving me unable to hear the rest. At the time, I joked saying that God really must have had something in that first half of the sermon that He really wanted me to hear since I was unable to move past it for the ending. I didn't really think that I had any trials or difficulties at the time, none that came to mind any way. Finally, nearly 2 weeks later, I finally was able to hear the conclusion of the message. And then.....surprise, surprise, a trial found me. Without going into great detail, I'll simply say that things had been going rather well in life & there was much I was looking forward to. Days ago, disappointment set in when that which I was eager for, came to a screeching halt. My first reaction was anger. While I am still disappointed, I understand that God is in control & He is allowing this trial to grow me in Him as well as make me stronger in other areas as well. Pastor Bob said that your reaction to trials sometimes reveal whether or not you are mature in your faith or not. I pray that even though my heart is still a bit hurt, I would be found faithful in praising & blessing His name. James tells us in James 1 that we should, "Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. And let endurance have it's perfect result, so that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing." (James 1:2-4). Zechariah 13:9 states, "And I will bring the third part through the fire, refine them as silver is refined, and test them as gold is tested. They will call on my name, And I will answer them; I will say, "They are My people,' And they will say, "The Lord is my God." Even in the midst of this difficulty, may I be put through the fire so that my faith will be refined & that in the end, I will say with confidence, "Blessed Be the Name of the Lord" not just in the good times but in the bad times as well. For now, I express gratitude to the many individuals who have e-mailed me, sent me messages on facebook, etc. to let me know they are praying--even if they do not know the specifics. I myself, will continue to be in prayer about this particular area in my life--that God would keep leading me in the right direction & granting me wisdom.