CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Roamin' Round Raleigh



Having talked for days about shaving his head, Jon decided it was time to quit talking & do some acting. Jen was out for a run with her mom & I volunteered to assist Jon. Haley, wondering why, asked Jon why he was agreeing to letting me shave his head. He made a valid point when he stated that I couldn't mess it up. I mean, it's not like he was just wanting a trim, he was shaving it all. Only way I could have screwed up is if I gashed his head open while using the razor. I had not been in the barbor business until that moment & quite frankly, I just wanted to make Jon look funny for a moment. So, once I had my few seconds of fun with it, I was bored & ready to dart from my duties as his assistant. I allowed him to finish off his shaving. After lunch, we spent our final fully day in Raleigh visiting the capitol & eating supper at a pizza parlor. When Haley visited Jon & Jen in the spring of '07, she & Jen went to the capitol but arrived right before closing time so they were not able to see much. Fortunately, we had plenty of time. Though much smaller than our capitol building here in Missouri, North Carolina's capitol building is still beautiful within. Jon & Jen had taken Haley to a pizza place called the Mellow Mushroom & she was hoping that I would get to see it as it's very psychedellic & "groovy". A friend of Jen's had recommended another pizza place to try though so that's what we did. Jon had been to this place before & said something about the workers being a "different kind of crowd." I wasn't sure what to expect. The building itself reminded me a lot of many of the eating establishments you would find down in the Loop (for those that live in St. Louis) & the workers did as well. So, for Haley & myself, we were not to taken aback by what we saw in the place. More than the Loop, it really made me think of some of the people & places I saw in Seattle...the grunge crowd, artistic atmosphere, etc. We ordered our pizzas (2 of them-one for Haley & me & then Jon & Jen ordered one for themselves) & they were huge. Haley & I had leftovers. Hopefully someone ate the remaining pieces after we returned home to St. Louis. Tired from roaming around, we went back to the house where Jon all of a sudden had come down with a severe cold or something. In fact, we didn't know if he was going to make it through the night. I had even said my goodbyes. But, by the grace of God, God performed a miracle & Jon was still alive before my very own eyes the next morning. How happy were we all to see Jon up & walking...Kleenex free & all.

**No, Jon was not really on death's door. He just tired to get a lot of pity from us all. He had Kleenex hanging out of his nostrils & whined like a baby. Quite the actor.**