CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, August 24, 2008

MOOoo Good Time



We could not leave New Bern without ice cream. So, before we headed back to Coats, we stopped into the Cow Cafe. Decorated in Moo cows like crazy, I was so excited; like a kid in candy store (only this was ice cream--much better). I never order ice cream cones because I don't have the proper etiquette to eat them & I realize I need to act like a lady. On this particular day, I decided to forget my manners & go for the gold. I ordered 2 scoops of a chocolate (had brownies, fudge, nuts, etc.) ice cream in a waffle cone. As is typical, I did not find a neat way to eat it & looked like one big mess. I find myself funny though so I was getting a good laugh from the ice cream all over my face. My sister & Jen kept encouraging me to wipe it off but I figured it would make more sense to clean myself up when I was done--not in the middle of my cone. Jen had a banana split & when she received it, the banana had split..it went a different way because it was not with her ice cream. After pointing it out to the workers, they kindly added the banana for her. Once we finished the creamy milk ice cream, we walked to the back of the place. Do you ever go somewhere & you just know that the things that are there are not meant for you but they are way too enticing for you to pass them up? That's how we felt about the kids room at the back. Everything back there was calling our names. So, despite the fact that the room was to be used for children, we saw fit to play too. We're kids too right? Granted we might be big kids, we are kids. We had a MOOoo good time at the Cow Cafe.