CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 18, 2008

Day of R & R



Thursday, August 7, was the first day that the weather was a bit cooler & it was a bit dreary out. We spent the first half of the day inside just resting & taking it easy. We all played with Micah & watched some t.v. After a while, we ventured out to Sunni Skies for ice cream. While they had many delicous sounding flavors, I opted for a hot fudge sundae. We then went back to the house & were lazy bums. After pondering what should be done for supper, Jen, Haley & I left Jon at home with Micah & we went to Ron's Barn. I was excited for a couple of reasons..the first being that it was gospel night & there was a possibility that if we stayed late enough, I would get to hear some Southern Gospel. Secondly, I knew we were going to have some country fixin's. As we went through the line, I tried nearly everything available..fried chicken, chicken pastry (like chicken dumplings only a bit more soupy), okra, potatoes, mac & cheese, bbq & much more. Everything was so yummy in my tummy. The evening got even better when the singin' started early. Jen & Haley were not near as excited as I was about the music but hey, to each his own...I love many genres & close to the top of my list of favorites is gospel. I was more than ecstatic to be sitting there listening to this trio sing. I leaned over to Haley & said, "This is the highlight of my trip so far!" She, on the otherhand, was not nearly as amused. Though I would have been happy to have stayed all night long, my company tired of the joyful, uplifting, worshipful, Christ-centered music & suggested that we leave--early! So, we did. But, we did not go without first taking some pictures of the barn. I would glady return to Ron's Barn for food & music. I do think Haley would pass though.