CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 18, 2008

"Just like Your's Daddy!"

You may recall the JIF commercial that ran a few years ago that featured a father & a daughter who were making their P.B. sandwiches when the dad folded his bread over & then, the daughter, after seeing her father do so, did the same? When the commercial first aired, my dad fell in love with it because it brought back fond memories for him of Haley & I as little girls--always wanting to do what he did & follow in his footsteps (we still do in some ways). I had not thought about the commercial for quite some time until I watched Steve with his daughter Savannah. As we prepared to eat, Steve asked Savannah if she wanted ketchup on her hot dog. She said yes but then watched him put ketchup on his own & then when he asked her if she wanted it on her plate or on the bun, she responded with, "I want it just like your's Daddy." Savannah is very smart for her age (3). She had won me over from the moment she entered in when she approached me & said, "Have you seen me before?" Too cute was she. Savannah is quite the little conversationalist too. While eating, she let me know that my hair was like her mommy's hair-short. She also was sure to tell me that her mommy had a friend named Heather. Over breakfast the following day (remember Steve & Savannah camped out in my friends backyard), Savannah all of a sudden stopped to tell us all that one day we would die & some of us would go to heaven. When her dad prompted her to tell us more, she said that our bodies would die but our souls would live on. To which she looked at her dad & said, "Daddy where is our souls?" She felt that it was in her side. Later, Steve asked Savannah to share with us what they had been learning at home from the Bible. She ran down all of Moses' life from A-Z in a manner of minutes. She was excited to tell me that her mommy was going to have a baby. They do not know yet what they are having but I trust that Savannah will be an excellent big sister & helper to her mom & dad. As I watched Steve & Savannah it brought back so many special memories for me of times spent with my dad as a kid. While I'm 29 & all grown up, I'll always be my daddy's little girl..as will Savannah with Steve.