CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, May 30, 2009

Music that Moves

Perhaps like me, from time to time you come across an artist whose music really ministers to your heart. A couple of years ago, while on myspace, I began to search for some new music. As I did so, I was introduced to the voice of Kari Jobe. The first thing I noticed was that her voice held my attention--not often achieved by female vocalists (nothing against ladies...I just like very few female artists). The second thing that I noticed was the fact that I was captivated by the songs I was listening to. I waited for her to release a CD & finally, she has done so. I was quick to buy it & was looking forward to listening to the song that is featured in the video above. I was slightly disappointed to discover that particular song is actually not on her CD. However, I have fallen in love with the rest of her songs. Each time I listen to her music, I am taken into the presence of Our Father. I have found myself singing those lyrics (I want to sit at Your feet, drink from the cup in Your hand, lay back against You & breathe & feel Your heartbeat...) time & and time again over the last few months. Her song below, My Beloved, is another one of my favorites. While I find the entire song to be moving, I love the line that says, "I see no stain on you my child." How great a God we serve that He should cleanse us of all our filth & and dirt. Isaiah 1:18b states, "Though your sins are as scarlet, They will be white as snow." Psalms 51:7 says, "Purify me with hyssop, and I shall be clean; Wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow." As I think about my life as well as others in my life & consider things we have done, how incredible to think that when God looks at us, He does not see us as dirty, for we have been made clean. Praise God! For those of you that are searching for some music that will lead you to the Father's heart, I encourage you....check out Kari Jobe. Truly, her music is a gift from God that is touching the lives of many for His kingdom I'm sure.