CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Lamberts - Home of the Throwed Rolls



In an effort to try to assist my parents Sunday School class in their ability to use the church bus for their day trip to Sikeston, MO to eat at Lambert's Cafe, I agreed to join them so that they may get closer to the number of people needed. It's a rough job--having to go down there to get stuffed on fried okra, fried taters, rolls, etc. But...someone had to do it & because I'm so very kind I offered to take on the task. Surprisingly, the joint wasn't crowded upon our arrival-that is highly unusual but hey, no complaints. We piled in to the booths & threw our hands up in the air to catch some rolls. Everyone ordered & before long, the tables were filled with food. My meal consisted of frog legs (yes, I ordered frog legs--you can't find them very often-take advantage of it whenever you can!), candied yams & of course...green beans. I talked my Cousin Chanda & her son, Ian, into trying the frog legs. Chanda thought they were decent while Ian was not too fond of the taste. As I told him, even if he didn't like them, at least he could say he'd tried it. The food was wonderful--as it always is. As I took pictures, my dad informed everyone present that the photographs would be posted on my blog. Apparently he just expected that I would find them worthy of posting? I suggested that he may want to begin his own blog rather than attempting to control mine. He seemed to have a lack of interest in doing so--not much of a writer. So, for those that were waiting in anticipation for these pictures...here they are!