CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Matchmaker, Matchmaker Find Someone Else A Match!

For those of you that are single, you may be able to relate to the frustration I sometimes experience by those well-intentioned individuals in my life. For whatever reason, it seems that at nearly 30, the expectation is that I should be married & should have begun a family of my own by now. As we well know, that has not yet happened. I believe that is because it has obviously not been God's will for me thus far. In every job I have worked in, I have been in areas where there have been a decent amount of traffic by gentlemen in my age range. My current job is no different. Knowing that I am unattached, a coworker of mine is always on the lookout for someone to set me up with. She truly enjoys matchmaking & has tried to match make a number of our members. There is a nice police officer who banks with us & he comes weekly to deposit his payroll. Some time ago, my coworker decided that this young man would be perfect for me. After waiting on the officer one day, she raced up to bother me about him after he had avoided the other tellers & come straight to me & then spent a great amount of time conversing with me. I don't necessarily think that he is showing any interest in me (then again, I'm not always the most observant or able individual to tell when a guy might like me)-I just think he's being friendly. I have told her repeatedly that though he is a nice guy, I am not interested. Weeks ago, I waited on him yet again & immediately following his departure from us, she wanted to know if I would not even consider going out on date with him. I did not have to even think about her question as I already had my answer lined up..."NO!" Why will I not even entertain the idea you ask? I know for certainty that he is not a believer. Therefore, I'm not willing to consider it. As I've watched my coworker try to hook people up, I've made a mental note to never let on to anything. Aside from knowing that I will not date a non-Christian, she has not a clue what I am looking for. I've never given any hint of what type of I guy I usually find attractive (hair color, eye color, height, etc.) for I know that if she knew, she would be attacking guys like a vulture to try to get them for me. While I know she means well, I sometimes wish she would just "let it be." I can't say that I would never allow a friend to try to find me a match but I will say, I would not be letting my coworker attempt to. Pray for my coworker. I will not give her name out as I know there are individuals that will read this that come into my work. However, remember her--she is not saved. She is on her 2nd or 3rd marriage & more often that not, is unhappy in her relationship with her husband. She is always very school-girlish & giddy when attractive men walk in the door. As you may gather, not the kind of individual that has the credibility to try to play matchmaker in my life. To her, I say, "Matchmaker: Find someone else a match!"