CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Going Solo

I've much I would like to write about yet I seem to busy myself with other things; not taking the time to write. For now, I'll just share a little. When I began working at my current job, I quickly realized that I may be the only Christian on staff. Thankfully, through conversations, observation, etc. I learned that the I.T. guy, Josh, was a believer as well. I cannot express the happiness I had when I found that information out. Transitioning from a Christian workplace to a secular one was not easy by any means. Knowing that I had a fellow Christian in the building was of great encouragement to my heart. Today, was Josh's last day with us as he is moving on to another job. When I heard the news that he was leaving, I was saddened. Yet, I am excited for Josh's future & what God has in store for him. He has left such an impact on our coworkers & gained the respect of everyone. Now, for a short time (I say short because it appears as though my pick for a new hire is getting the job. He too, is a brother in Christ), I will be going solo in the effort to be a light to those surrounding me. I know I am well-liked by my coworkers & supervisors. I'm fully aware that their eyes are on me-watching everything I do, listening to everything I say. I pray that as I continue to daily walk into the building, I may do my best to reflect Godliness to each one of them. My heart yearns for them all to come to salvation. I pray for that day. In a time when I was quite discouraged about being at the job, God allowed me the pleasure of getting to know Josh. Though Josh has been on the other side of the building & we would only talk for a few minutes each day, simply knowing he was there was a huge blessing. I'm definitely going to miss having him around & I know the feeling is mutual...he'll for sure miss my sarcasm, constant phone calls, etc.