CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, March 13, 2009

My "Bucket List"

After it's release, a coworker of mine raved about "The Bucket List." Though I have yet to see the movie, I understand the premises & the general idea. As I've given it consideration, I've asked myself...what would be on my list of things that I hope to one day accomplish. As much as I would love to be able to mark all of these off a checklist, I don't see it feasible that such will happen. However, here goes:

1. Write & publish a book.
*I do not know at this point if I desire to write an inspirational book, a collection of memories and stories, an autobiography, a novel or what exactly.

2. Para sail
*I've never done so & believe it would be a wonderful experience. Probably the most adventurous thing I'd be inclined to try.

3. Swim with dolphins
*Despite trips to FL & CA, I've not been in the right vicinity to have been presented with such an opportunity. From a young age, I have found dolphins to be a beautiful species (ocean life in general is of interest to me-probably why I enjoy visiting aquariums) & am fascinated with them. I've always loved watching "Flipper" & dreamt of spending time with the dolphins.

4. Fly over the Grand Canyon in a helicopter.
*Though I have seen the Grand Canyon up close & witnessed it's grandeur, I would love to be able to fly over it on a helicopter tour. My flight above the Badlands in South Dakota by helicopter was gorgeous so I can only imagine how incredible the Grand Canyon would be from such an angle.

5. Go on an Alaskan Cruise.
*While my time on the deep blue sea whale watching & deep sea fishing made me sea sick, I understand that being on a larger boat (a cruise ship) may not be as bad. From what I hear, the waves are less choppy in Alaska as well. I have always found the mountains & glaciers to be breathtaking. Where better to go to than Alaska?

6. Visit the Swiss Alps
*This too, goes along with my love for the mountains & snow. Pictures of the Alps are..uh...well, picture perfect. I venture to say a front seat view would be even more than perfect than that which could be captured in a picture.

7. Ride on a dog sled.
*Ideally, this would be an excursion on my Alaskan experience but I do believe there are other areas in the states that offer this adventure.

8. Visit all MLB baseball parks.
*Seeing as how I've only been to 3 thus far (4 if you count both the old Bush Stadium as well as the new), I've a long ways to go. I'd hoped to make it to Yankee Stadium but I missed out on that. As much as I can't stand the Cubbies, I long to visit Wrigley Field-just for the history of it all. Still, my love for the game leaves me wanting to see every ball park.

9. Participate in a mission trip to China.
*My 2 mission trips to Taiwan instilled a real love & heart for the Asian culture. I have been very interested in reading testimonies of those Chinese believers who have remained faithful to the gospel despite undergoing extreme persecution. Their devotion to Our Lord makes me hungry to be amongst them for fellowship.

10. Meet Veteran, Matthew Toekinsoetter in person.
*While looking for a soldier to write & send care packages to, I was fortunate enough to receive Matthew's information. I began to communicate with him while he was stationed in Iraq. Though we've been in contact since his return home from his deployment, we have yet to meet face-to-face. I await the day when I can visit, in person, with this dear friend. I am anxious to give him a hug & thank him personally for his service to our nation.

These are just a few of the things that aspire to do one day. As I said, I don't know that I will be able to complete them all (I think my dream of visiting all of the baseball parks is the one I am least likely to be able to accomplish) but I can certainly dream about doing so. I ask, what is it you would like to do in this life? Of course, with the exception of a China mission trip & possibly a book, none of these are things that would leave an impact on eternity. Perhaps one day I'll write about those things I pray I do that will leave an impression long after I am gone...those things which would make My Jesus smile.