CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Baby, I'm Ready to Go!

A line from a popular sports anthem played all around America today states, "From the rooftop shout it out, Baby I'm ready to go." Nothing could be more true for me in relation to my feelings about the upcoming baseball season. Though I now have a love for college football & basketball, neither hold a candle to the game of baseball. Now that the Cards are in Jupiter preparing at Spring Training, I'm itching for the season to begin. For many years, I was at Busch to celebrate on opening day. Unfortunately, due to high ticket demand, I've not been in a few years. I received an e-mail last week informing me that because I was a subscriber to the Redbird Report, I would have an opportunity to buy single game tickets in advance. Knowing that the special offer would begin at 1:00 p.m. CST last Thursday, I made sure my coworker & I set things up so that I would be home at just the right time to begin trying for tickets immediately. I was in high hopes that when they said single game tickets, that would also include tickets for the home opener. Lucky for me, it did. While I'd hoped to get 3 tickets, I had to settle for 2-standing room only. However, one will never hear me complain about having to stand at a Cards game--especially for the season opener. As long as I'm in there, I'll be happy. As I ate a hot dog a few weeks ago, I already could envision myself in the stadium with a Hunter hot dog in hand ready for the game to begin. Spring is just days away & with that, brings America's pastime, baseball. Take me out to the ball game, take me out to the crowd....

And P.S.-PLEASEEEE let the Cardinals win!