CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Rise & Shine!

After visiting for a while, the four of us finally tucked ourselves in for a night's rest. Throughout the night, I heard many noises. I do not recall the time, but I remember learning something new while it was still dark outside. What is is that I was educated on before sunrise? I learned that roosters crow at all hours, not just at daybreak. I thought that maybe I was the only one naive enough to not realize that they crow anytime they feel like it but I feel a lot better about myself knowing that after having asked others, they thought the same thing-that they crow when the sun comes up. As I tried to sleep, I began to hear people in the streets yelling things (they were shouting out items for sale...tortillas, tomatoes, watermelon, etc.). Then, I heard music blaring from outside. I awakened asking Haley what time it was. The clock read 6:00 a.m. I then realized that in Nicaragua, they do not believe in sleeping in. I believe 9:30 was as late as I slept & that was only after waking up & returning to bed later. I knew that each day, we'd be up & at 'em early. The above picture is a shot of me after such realization. For breakfast, the guys walked to a nearby store to buy bananas & milk.

There, the milk comes in a bag (seen in the picture). After getting ready, we headed out & stayed fairly local visiting some sites in Managua.
Overlook en route to Haley's house

Haley's home