CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, July 25, 2009

Up, Up & Away...

Wednesday, July 16th - Since I had such a long layover in Miami, I felt it best that I record all my going-on's. Why I thought I should do this, I've no idea. Call it boredom, call it stupidity.
2:30 a.m. : Alarm sounded & I woke up
5:40 a.m. : Boarded plane at Lambert International Airport
6:20 a.m. : Flight departed
6:40 a.m. : Began feeling ill thanks to turbulence. Thought I was going to have to get out a bag & vomit.
9:40 a.m. : Flight landed at Miami-Dade Airport
10:00 a.m. : Off plane
10: 05 a.m. : Bathroom stop & search for something for breakfast began
10:15 a.m. : Settled on Dunkin' Donuts after learning there was no B.K. or McDonald's within the airport-they are on the outside.
11:10 a.m. : Finally frozen-had to pull my sweatshirt out of my carry-on luggage & put it on (who would have thought that I would have lasted that long?!)
11: 45 a.m. : Handsome Middle-Eastern looking gentlemen sat down across from & I admired him for a bit.
12:01 p.m. : Fire alarm went off & P.A. system announced the following: "Alarm that has been activated is under investigation by the fire department. Please stand by for further instructions." I am a bit worried.
12:07 p.m. : Fire alarm finally shut-up
12: 27 pm. : I find myself shaking my head in disbelief as the lady that was too crippled to walk to the gate so she was wheelchaired over. Moments later, I watch her stand & walk with no problem whatsoever.
12:40 p.m. : Began visiting all nearby concourses scoping out lunch options.
1:20 p.m. : Decided upon Chinese & sat down to enjoy Fried Rice & Oriental Chicken.
1:50 p.m. : Back @ gate after visiting with a youth group from Ft. Wayne, IN headed to Haiti on a medical mission trip.
2:45 p.m. : Nice surprise occurs. As I'm on the phone with a friend, I notice someone headed in my direction that I know--Phil Moore (the father of a friend of mine-also the wonderful man who had the patience enough to teach me how to drive)! I called out his name, he came over & we chatted briefly as he made his way for his flight to St. Louis (he's a pilot).
3:50 p.m. : Visited Hudson News to purchase gum so my ears wouldn't pop (I had forgotten to carry some with me & when my flight left St. Louis, it was so early that no stands were open to buy anything). Bought a candy bar & Iced Tea with lemon.
3:55 p.m. : Returned to the gate & asked worker if, as far as he knew, this was still the gate for Managua. He then joked with me & said, "Girl, you been here all day & I'm just now meetin' you?
3:57 p.m. : Sat back down at the gate & continued reading a book..Trapped In Hitler's Hell.
4:45 p.m. : Decided it was time to break out the MP3 player & listen to some tunes.
5:45 p.m. : Begin boarding aircraft
6:15 p.m. : Plane takes off headed for Managua, Nicaragua
6:50 p.m. : Touchdown (Nicaragua is one hour behind CST)
7:30 p.m. : Estimate but I would guess this is around the time that I finally was through customs & had seen my sister's face!
Stay tuned for my many exciting stories.