CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, July 26, 2009

The Beginning of a Grand Adventure

After many hours, I finally had landed in Nicaragua, made my way through customs & given my $5.00 to enter into the country. I hurried to the baggage claim to retrieve my luggage & then began to roll my cart in hopes of finding my sister. As I walked, I noticed a window. On the other side of the window, I saw a familiar face-that of my sister! However, I did not see a door in which to enter into that particular area. I continued walking on & wound up outside of the airport & was approached quickly by many offering me taxi services. Haley realized I had walked outside & made her way to me. We embraced & then Jesus hurried over to hug & greet me. I noticed Luis standing to the side so I walked over & opened my arms to him for a hug as well. The guys were quick to grab my suitcases as we headed to the car. I climbed in the backseat with Haley & was in immediate search for a seatbelt. I did not find one though. I questioned Haley & she said that only those riding in the front had to wear one. I let her know that I already did not feel safe. Yet, she assured me that all would be OK. She asked if I was hungry & because I'm me, the answer was, "Yes!" We then stopped at a Mobil On The Run filling station for my first meal in the country. I wondered what we would eat. My meal consisted of fried chicken & fried potato wedges. I never dreamt that I would be eating such in Nicaragua--much less right after I arrived! As Haley & Jesus waited in line to order our food, Luis & I remained at the table with one another. Unsure of what to say, I said very little. Luis would occasionally ask me a question or make a statement to me but that was about it. Once Haley & Jesus returned to the table, the ice began to be broken. We made it back to Haley's home & shortly after getting in, Haley opened the cover to her stove top. When she did, a friendly little mouse went scurrying on it's merry little way. Luis grabbed the broom & was trying to get the mouse (meanwhile, Haley was standing on a chair in hysteria). The rodent decided he was not ready to leave though & made himself at home behind the refrigerator leaving himself unable to be reached (though everyone tried to get him out). At this moment, I knew this was going to be a wonderful week--I was embarking upon a great time & there would be much fun had.