CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

No R.S.V.P. From Me!

In walked a girl today that just got my blood boiling. The more I thought about how appalled I still was at what she had done, the more upset I became-yet again! What did she do? Several weeks ago, this young lady came through the drive-thru at my work & asked the guys back there if I was working. After informing her that I was indeed there, they summoned me back to speak with her. I looked out, saw who it was, turned the microphone on & said hello to her & asked if I could help her. Her reply was, "I'm sending you an invitation to my graduation party." I simply said, "OK, thanks" & then turned the microphone off & began to rant & rave in disbelief. I'm sure you are wondering why I was so bothered by this (& still am apparently!). I'm disturbed because I hardly know her. My relationship with this young lady is this: her aunt used to be my neighbor many years ago. As a child, she would sometimes be at her aunt's house when we would be over to visit or whatever. Until I began working at my place of employment, I had not seen this young lady since she was a kid--probably at age 5 or 6. She had been in on numerous occasions & never knew who I was until her mom came in with her one day & clued her in on the fact that her aunt used to live by me. As you can see, it's not as if we are friends-barely even acquaintances. The guys couldn't grasp why I was so upset about it all-who knows, maybe it's a girl thing. Or, maybe it's just me. Call me crazy but is that not extremely rude & impolite? For years, people have been telling me I need to write a book. I'm beginning to think I ought to consider writing one on etiquette...not that I'm an expert or anything but seriously...you don't send an invitation to someone you barely know! If I were getting married, I would not dream of inviting people that I had only met a few times. The guys said, "Heather, are you gonna go to her party?" I replied with, "Not a chance that's going to happen!" They encouraged me to at least send a card. Now, let's be honest here...a 18 yr. old high school graduate...do you think she wanted a card--especially from someone she hardly knows? I don't think so. We all know that she wanted the goods that would come enclosed in the envelope with the card! HELLO--I didn't come in off a turnip truck! The invite said to R.S.V.P. if you would NOT be able to attend. I didn't bother calling. I had already envisioned that (not that I ever had any intentions of calling to begin with though)-I would call & say, "This is Heather Wood just calling to let you know I won't be able to make it to your party." Then, she'd say, "Heather who? Who are you again?" I had it all planned out..I'd then say, "And that is exactly why I will NOT be attending your party!!!" So, the party was a couple of weekends ago & it goes without saying, I didn't make an appearance, nor did I send a card. Still, I'm honestly offended that she actually had the nerve to invite me. Might as well just send in a note saying, "I'd like you to give me some money!" Fast forward 2 weeks & there we were today. She came walking up directly towards me as I was the only available one to help her. She let me know that she came inside because she didn't think the drive-thru was open & plus, she wanted to see me (or, as she said, "I was like, I can just go in & see Heather!"). I think a maximum of 25 words were said during the whole transaction (if that many) & then she walked out the door. I stood there shaking my head..still dumbfounded by it all. We're so close that we had nothing to even say to one another. Please folks, when you are having an event & make your invite list--have some class!