CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Boys' Birthday Bash



The latest additions to the family turned 1 this month--Drew on the 8th, Noah on the 23rd. They had a combined birthday party & whoo was it a P-A-R-T-Y. They got toys out the wazoo & clothes too. They seemed real excited about it all--so excited that neither were too interested in opening their gifts. Their cakes were set before them & they both just kind of looked--not ready to dig right in. Noah was very skeptical of getting himself dirty so he hesitated to even touch the cake. Drew played around in it a bit & messed his face up but he wasn't really eating it. After a while of allowing us all to be amused, their mommies took the cakes away & cleaned both boys up. Time sure does fly. I remember waiting at St. Joes for Baby Drew & as we waited, I chased Hannah down the hallways. We were all anxious to see Hannah's reaction to her new baby brother but it was less than one of joyfulness--she could have cared less. I'm happy to say that today, Hannah loves her little brother & is a good big sister to Drew. I'll not forget the call that came in the wee hours of the morning that Lisa was at the hospital. I remember rushing to get there when I learned they were going to do an emergency C-Section. I can still see our family uniting hands, hearts & prayers as we prayed to God to protect Lisa & Noah. Thank God--His hand was upon them. Today, Noah is walking & a busy little guy. It has been more than a delight to watch these 2 grow. To think I used to despise children & now, I'm intrigued by their every move--hmmm...I think God has been at work. The love I have for these kids is great. Something about a child reaching out for you that just melts your heart.