CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Baseball & Blizzards?



April 6, 2009 proved to be the most unusual opening day for baseball that I'd ever been to. With temperatures well in the 70's just days before, April 6th came bringing snow, wind & very chilly weather. While it has been cool for opening day in the past, never before had I been at a game where snow fell. Due to the weather, my dad & I did not spend but a few minutes at the pre-game rally (generally, we get down there for the start of everything--make a whole day out of it). I was bundled up in a turtleneck, t-shirt, heavy duty fleece sweatshirt as well as my winter coat. Yet, I still froze. The Cardinals were less than stellar in the first game of the season (obviously by that remark, we lost) but we still were excited to be a part of the start of baseball season. Nothing compares to opening day in St. Louis. When the Hall of Famers take the field, the players ride around in the parade waving, the Clydesdales march beautifully around the park, the American Flag waves proudly & our nation's anthem is played-it's a great, great time.