CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

He Holds My Future

Back over the summer, my supervisor at work paid a visit to a psychic for a reading. She returned to work sharing all that she had been enlightened to. After her experience with the psychic, several others in the building began to discuss having a psychic party. When discussion about doing so first began, I was asked if I would participate. I quickly turned down the offer. The party had not been mentioned again until a while back. Finally, they worked out the details & a few weeks ago, 7 or 8 of my coworkers welcomed the psychic to one of their homes for the big party. Each individual paid between $65.00-$75.00 to hear all kinds of ridiculous thoughts. For one, he was told that he would be attending school in the future to be an auto mechanic. He hates cars & has no interest in working on vehicles. To one of the single gals, she shared with her that she was going to marry a guy named Rob within the next 2 years. She even went as far as to tell his height as well as give other details of his physical appearance. Yet, my coworker does not even know a man named Rob. To another coworker, she said that the guy's sister would never be a parent because she was unable to have children. Amazingly, she just gave birth to her first child several months ago. Easy to see that someone did not know so much afterall. I still am in disbelief that my coworkers were crazy enough to pay to hear such garbage. While I have questions that I sometimes think I would like to have answered (Will I marry? Who will I marry? When will I marry? Will I have children? How many children will I have?...these are just a few of the many wanderings of my mind), I know that He holds my future. I'm reminded of Jeremiah 29:11, ""For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." I think I much rather put my trust in hope in a God who loves me & has my best interest at heart. I pray that God would use me to point my coworkers as well as others to the only One who knows it all.