CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, February 1, 2009

The Steelers Stole the Show

For the past however many years, I've joined my family at my aunt & uncle's house for the "big game." Tonight, things changed. After being invited to watch the Super Bowl with friends from church, I decided that perhaps it was time to switch things up a bit & go join the church group. I headed to my friend Stan's home to watch the game & I was looking forward to it-the game that is (not that I was not looking forward to the company I'd be surrounded by). Since I have, in recent years, begun to take interest in football, I was eager for the game itself. I will go ahead & admit that if were not for Kurt Warner being the QB for the Cardinals, I really would not have cared who won (then again, I still probably would have desired for AZ to win simply because I prefer their uniforms over the Steelers!). I picked up a plate & piled all kinds of delicious foods onto it & headed down the steps to see the action begin. I was not really enjoying the game until the Cardinals pulled ahead. Even when they did, I knew that with 2:35 (something like that) left to go, there was still more than plenty of time for the Steelers to score again. Honestly, I was not too hopeful at that point. I sat, along with everyone else (well, almost everyone else--there were a few exceptions), eager to see if AZ could pull it off. Unfortunately, they fell short. As we all are aware, they lost & the Steelers just won yet another Championship title. I would like to say I am happy for them. But...I'm not. Should have been the Cardinals--should have been Kurt Warner. So, the Super Bowl has come & gone. Perhaps they lost because I did not go to my usual environment? I must study to see if such could be the case. If so, I may have to give some deep consideration as to my plans a year from now.