CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, February 7, 2009

Incredible Pizza Incredibly Crazy

This afternoon, my family & I went to America's Incredible Pizza to celebrate my Cousin Ian's 11th b-day (a blog about Ian is on the way--keep on the lookout. I hope to have it written within the next week). The place just opened up here in the fall & though some of my family had visited there before, I had not. I had only heard about the place & knew that it was designed for kids. Upon our arrival in the parking lot, I was already dreading it--hundreds of rug rats...screaming, bouncing- off- the-walls everywhere. While I like kiddos, I like disciplined children, not those that are allowed to behave like wild animals. We approached the doors & I noticed an Icthus on the door. I questioned whether or not the establishment was Christian-owned. Once we finally made it in & through the line to pay for the buffet, I noticed a mission statement on the wall. I then had my answer--yes, it's Christian-owned. My aunt was telling me there were gospel tracts at the entrance placed for people to take. I thought it was wonderful to see that they had wholesome family movies playing as well as music videos from Christian groups/artists (MercyMe, Mark Schultz, etc.). We had several tables saved in one of the many dining areas & yet, just trying to make it to the food was a task as the place was so crowded. I can't say I liked the pizza as much as everyone else seemed to but it was not terrible. When we finished eating, we headed back to the game area where we spent a bit of time watching the kids play some of the games. Again, that area, was also packed. I knew walking in that such a place would not be the job for me. I believe to work there, would require much patience. Unfortunately, when it comes to curtain climbers, patience is not a virtue that I've fully developed.
In just my short time there today, I was already experiencing the stress of it all. I can't imagine walking into that place day in & day out. Though the trip there was alright, I think I would prefer to go for the lunch buffet in the middle of the week--while kids are in school. Perhaps that way, I would not have to worry about running into someone or some kid darting across nearly ramming into me while my hands hold my plate full of food. Even though the place was a bit too much for me (too crowded & noisy), I will definitely be willing to support the business due to the fact that it is owned by fellow believers who are seeking to offer a good, safe, clean, fun time for kids.