CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, February 1, 2009

Snow Tunnels


At the beginning of last week, people here in the midwest were preparing for a blizzard as the weathermen (& women) predicted much precipation in the form of snow, sleet & freezing rain. Despite their schooling & weather knowledge, I do not have much confidence in meteorologist these days as I find they usually are wrong more often than not. I must admit, the job seems appealing...I imagine they are getting paid a decent amount & heck, they don't even have to be accurate! All of the reports were that we would have between 4-6" inches in our neck of the woods. I figured, if lucky, that meant we might see a dusting. The majority of action came the evening after they said it would arrive. Total amount here? 7" at my work (just around the corner from my home). I had been hoping for more. I may be almost 30 but still, within me, lies a childhood dream. A dream that I'm waiting on to turn into a reality. I see myself waking up in the morning in my flannel pajamas, wandering down the steps, opening up the front door only to find that I see nothing but snow. When I look out, I know the snow has to be well above our house. The only way out is to make a tunnel. To get to & from, we'll have to all walk through the under "snow" tunnel. Now, I've been alive a few years & have yet to see so much snow but I'm hoping that one day, my fantasy from long ago will come to pass for I will always be a kid at heart. Today, the temperature rose a bit & well, now our snow has said farewell to us. Still, I will await the next expected snowstorm & sit in anticipation knowing that my dream will come true--my snow tunnel.