CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, December 11, 2008

For the One Who'll Drop to His Knee For Me...

As we all know, tis' the season of love-love in many different fashions. Love of the ultimate-the birth of our Saviour, love towards those less fortunate & of course, love as in "Love is in the air" in a romance kind of way. We all know individuals that have gotten engaged during the Christmas season be it this year or years gone by. I already know of one this year. On Sunday afternoon, while perusing the aisles at Target, I saw a giddy young couple scanning every item within reach to add to their registry. As I looked, I saw a big diamond ring on the girl's hand. Then, on my return home, I had the radio on. In the midst of the music came the commerical from the Shane CO. advertising that Christmas is the time for romance & every girl dreams & waits in expectation of an engagement ring at this time of year. "So, hurry into the Shane CO. today to buy that special ring for your loved one. Make this a Christmas she will never forget." Now, it is no secret (I don't think anyway) that I pray that one day, God will see fit to bring me a husband (I'll write about that in the days ahead). But...may I just ask a small favor from those of you that I call "friend." If the day comes that I should be in a serious relationship & it looks like things are progressing towards happily ever after, could you fill my mystery mate (he's a mystery to me right now) in on something for me? Could you just let him know that if he is considering dropping to one knee, saying some beautiful things to me that will make me cry & then presenting a ring to me that I would like to be somewhat surprised? I will not be surprised if he chooses to do so during the Christmas season--especially on Christmas Day or Eve. Since the rest of the world seems to get engaged on big holidays (Christmas, New Years, Valentines, 4th of July), I would be assuming that such would be true for myself. Also, if it looks like things are headed in that direction, please let him know that he is capable of picking the ring out by himself. Or, if he needs help contact my family or Crystal. I often wonder...where is the element of surprise if you go to the store so that you can show the guy your "perfect" ring? I would like to think that as long as I've waited & as long as I'll continue to wait, I'll be so surprised & swept off my feet that I'll be speechless. Oh...and last but not least, when that day comes, I don't need an audience. Then again, if someone is ready to ask me to spend the rest of my life with them, they will probably know me well enough to know that I do not like all eyes being upon me so a proposal at a Cardinal's baseball game would not be the way to go. Just some thoughts during this season of love.