CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, December 7, 2008

Covered in Peppermint Milk Shake

When my uncle learned that I would be joining my parents in the trip down to AL for Thanksgiving, he informed me that my dad & I would have to make a decision as to which one of us was going to go to the Alabama/Auburn game with him. My dad was gracious enough to allow me to go (which, I will write about that experience in my next entry). I went to a Bama game many years ago & to be quite honest, the only thing that kept me captive was people watching & the music. Years later, I still am not a football expert but I now have an understanding of the game & enjoy the sport. I was more anxious about my return trip to the stadium than I was in my younger years. My uncle & I got on the road & all too soon were lined up with hundreds of others waiting on the highway in traffic. We finally made it into Tuscaloosa & Uncle Rog was kind enough to stop by Chic-Fil-A so that I could pick up some lunch. Having seen their Peppermint Chocolate Milk Shake featured on commercials, that was a must have. Once I had received my food, we went ahead & drove to the university & parked in the garage. I spent some time eating my food & once I was done eating, I began on my milkshake. Rog & I decided to head towards the bus pick up line to be carried to the stadium. Meanwhile, I was still downing the shake. Once we arrived to the line, I began to wonder if I would be able to take my shake with me. Of course not--there was a sign stating no food or drinks were allowed. At this point, I noticed a trash can was just feet away from me. Rather than walking completely over & seeing to it that the shake made it all the way into the can, I just tossed it confidently knowing that it would make it into the can. Well, it did make it into the can--just not into the main hole for trash. Since it hit the outer rim, the lid popped off sending the remainder (which was about 3/4 of the cup) flying everywhere. I was on route back to the line & had no knowledge that such was even taking place until I turned back around & saw that not only was my milkshake all over the place but everyone was staring at me. I then saw a man close by who was covered in my milkshake. This was no ordinary man you see--he was an Auburn fan dressed in Orange & Blue from head to toe while I stood in line with my Alabama shirt & Alabama coat. You can imagine how that must have appeared. I immediately began to apologize the best I could (through my laughter--I was bent over double cracking up). My uncle assured the man that I did not mean to do such (though, my uncle was proud that if the accident had to happen, it went all over an Auburn fan rather than a Bama fan). Lucky for me, the man was not angry & was OK with it. Talk about embarrassing! Would this be an indicator that Bama would cream the Auburn Tigers? Now, a week later, all I can think about is my need to go to Chick-Fil-A to get another shake so that I can enjoy it in it's entirety. If you know me well, you know how deeply I LOVE ice cream. Having to part ways with the Shake was not the easiest thing to do but necessary. I was fine with it until I saw it splattered everywhere--that man was getting to enjoy my Peppermint Milk Shake!