CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, July 25, 2008

Done, But Not Over

While my birthday is done, the need for celebrating seems to not be over. Thinking that all had went fairly well in the sense that I had gotten through my birthday without much fuss, this week has proved me wrong. A while ago, I registered at many places online for their birthday clubs. During the week prior to my birthday I began to receive coupons for free and/or discounted meals. I knew I needed to take advantage of any of them that were "free." Since I was off work on Tuesday, I talked my mom into going to Red Robin with me so that I might redeem the coupon for a free burger. Everything was fine until we were seated & discovered that the waitress was someone we met 15 years before when she was our waitress at another restaurant. Anytime we would go eat at that establishment, we would ask for her. She had to have a seat & get all caught up with my mom & I on all that had been taking place & fill us in on herself as well. Since my purpose in being there was for the free burger, I was not about to bypass giving the coupon to her. Not long after I did, the hit parade came circling around singing to me & presenting me with a sundae. I was less than pleased. Had we have had any other server, that would not have happened (since it was not requested that my birthday be made known to everyone in the joint). But no, out of all the servers there, we get stuck with one that we know!! And if things couldn't get any worse, I was called back to the drive-thru area at work today where a cake was pulled out & fellow coworkers were saying, "Happy Birthday!" The one person who figured it out right before we left on my birthday kept it quiet then but decided to broadcast my birthday later to the world. Everyone kept coming & asking why I did not say anything last week on my birthday. They were apologizing for not knowing. I tried explaining to them that I like for no one to know--for things to be kept quiet. So much for that. Surely we are done now! The birthday has come & it has gone. It is time it be put to rest now & forever!