CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, July 13, 2008

And The Land of the Free....

As kids, we would celebrate the 4th at my aunt & uncle's home in O'Fallon, MO. There was a swimming pool at their house & we loved that. We enjoyed cooling off in the pool & playing, "Marco Polo." As my Cousin, Chanda, was born on July 5th & I on the 18th, our birthdays would oftentimes get celebrated then as well. Much time has passed since those days. My aunt & uncle are out in the country & no longer have a pool. Chanda lives in KY & are birthdays have not been celebrated together in many, many years. Regardless, Independence Day is something I always am anxious for. My Cousin, Micah, along with his wife & children were in visiting from Louisville, KY so we were able to spend some time with them. As is typical of any family gathering we have, there was plenty of good food. Everyone ate, talked, we played a game & it was time to head on home. Fortunately, we were able to view quite a few fireworks on our ride home. Though circumstances, time, distance, etc. have changed how we spend the 4th, I still enjoy it all.