CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Dreaming Big

I do not remember a time in my life when a year has passed without my going on some kind of vacation. Some years, my family has done really large trips while other years, I've just spent a week or two visiting family in Alabama. For the first time in many years, I've yet to go anywhere this year. I had planned to be boarding a plane next month traveling to Indonesia. However, things do not always go as we plan. Due to various reasons, the trip to Indonesia was cancelled & I will not be going there after-all. As the trip to Indonesia began to look less likely day by day, I began giving greater consideration to flying to Dallas or to Virginia to see some of the Nepali students that became my brothers last semester. However, just as I lead a busy life, they do also. Seems no one would have much time to visit with me. With that being said, it seems pointless for me to spend a large amount of money on a flight, hotel, car rental & food & not even get to see those I have made the trip for. Over the past year, I've grown very close to many Nepali's. From the moment I first began to learn about Nepal, there was an urge to visit the land. The more I've seen pictures & videos of Nepal, the more interest I have in the country. As I've built friendships with so many Nepalese, my desire to go there has only intensified. I wish to meet the mothers, fathers, sisters & brothers of these wonderful people. I long to let the landscape take my breath away. I am eager to sit down & enjoy Nepali food with my hands amidst other Nepali's. I want so badly to ride an elephant inChitwan Park. I want to clothe myself in stunning sari's (saree). Mainly, I want to take in all that Nepal has to offer. Though I'm disappointed that I've yet to go anywhere special this year & I won't be, I trust I am making the right choice. I've decided to forgo one of my vacation weeks this year & carry it over to next so that I may go to Nepal. God-willing, as long as I am able to save enough money for a plane ticket, I will be up in the air flying across the world next summer or fall with the destination place being Kathmandu. In the meantime, I will continue to befriend Nepali's, learn more about their culture & home & hopefully, pick up some of the language. I'm ready to tour Nepal in 2011-the year of tourism for the country!!