CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Riding Solo







First day of vacationing & I, like Jason Derulo's song states, found myself "riding solo." For various reasons (some of which were mentioned in my previous post), I am having somewhat of a "stay-cation" as some would call it. Not my ideal way of spending my time off but in the end, if it saves me a few dollars & gets me one step closer to Nepal, I'll be OK with it. Thanks to my dad's love of traveling, my sister & I are quite accustomed to "going & doing" things. That being said, I can't just sit here. Pondering what to do with my time, I began to research things & found places relatively close that I have never been to. Yesterday, I set out on the open road..just me, myself & I. Well, kind of...Jack Johnson was with me on the ride there & Taylor Swift rode back with me. When I was younger, it was tradition for all of the girls in the family to do a ladies trip every once in a great while. The weekend was a time for me, my sister, my mom, aunts, cousins & my grandma to get away. On one of the trips, someone thought it would be great fun to take us younger kids to see a covered bridge that some relative built (shows how much I enjoyed it--I've no idea which family member built the thing). I would guess that I was probably around 14 at the time. Looking back, I don't know if we could have done anything more boring. 17 years later or so & guess what I've an interest in? Covered bridges. Yep! I would LOVE to go to the Northeast & tour the many covered bridges in the autumn & see the striking fall foliage & beautiful hues of red, yellow & orange towering overhead. My trip yesterday was no such thing. However, I did admire the transition of summer to fall that has taken place as I drove down the road. I've included a few pictures. While I did enjoy myself, I must confess that I would much rather have had someone with me...someone to sing with, laugh with, see the sights with. Looking forward to having a friend join me tomorrow....will be good to have company for the day.