CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Summer Whirl









Summer has come and soon it will end. The summer has been nothing at all like I planned on it being. I expected that I would spend my summer at home-relaxing, taking it easy. As I recently shared with my family, I think I have been more active this past year than I had been the previous 30 combined. Do not misunderstand me, I have loved every second that I have been able to enjoy time with students. However, sometimes I am in great need of rest. Which, I've not succeeded well in getting. I figured that with so many students having left LU for good & many gone elsewhere for the summer, there would not really be anyone around for me to share my time with. While I did not see much of Lindenwood students, my entire summer has been devoted to meeting & getting to know students from other campuses (Fontbonne, UMSL, Maryville & Wash-U...for those unfamiliar with St. Louis, all are universities in the area here). I've met students from Nepal (of course!), Saudi Arabia, Brazil, South Korea & Thailand. We have dined out together & some have welcomed me into their homes & prepared meals for me. Though these last few months did not go as I intended them to go, I am very grateful that I've been given the opportunity to get to know all of these wonderful people. Now, I have even more friends!