CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Stepping Up to the Mic



Haley, Kurtis, me & Zach singing "It's Still Rock and Roll to Me"

After pondering what to get us for Christmas, my best friend Crystal decided not to give us individual presents but to instead, give us something that we could enjoy as a family. I was ecstatic when the gift was unwrapped and there before our eyes was Karaoke Revolution for the Wii. I saw no reason for us to waste time...we needed to bust it open and get to singin'. We had a blast playing that the first night. Days after, my coworkers and I were talking when one discovered there were other editions available as well. Though costly, I broke down to buy another one and my good buddy, Zach, was kind enough to contribute to the cost. We have had a number of international students in our home who have "stepped up to the mic" and performed for us and Haley and I have thoroughly enjoyed ourselves whether listening to others or singing ourselves. From Suman's singing "You're Beautiful" to Uyanga doing Jason Mraz's "I'm Yours", Claudia doing "Rehab", Zach's stellar performance of "I Don't Wanna Miss a Thing" there has been no shortage of laughs. However, no one can compete with Kurtis' 100% score on "Time of the Season" or "How to Save a Life." Which, two times of a perfect score is the very reason that Kurtis was declared the American Idol Winner of Karaoke. Hats off to Mr. Hoagland! I have come to learn that perhaps I don't know some songs quite as well as I thought I did too! Despite butchering some songs big time, it still is great entertainment.