CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, February 8, 2010

M-I-Z....Z-O-U



For a number of years, Haley and I have been desperately wanting to go to a MIZZOU basketball game. However, time and circumstances never allowed us to do so. Still desiring to go, I got online and began to check on ticket availability and found some decent priced seats for the January 2nd game against the Georgia Bulldogs. Since I had that day off from work, I went ahead & ordered the tickets and let my dad and Haley both know that their tickets were a gift from me for their birthdays (my dad's birthday was New Years and Haley's is on Valentine's Day). We made the drive to Columbia on an extremely cold day and before we could go to the Hearne's Center for the game, I led dad to the Columbia Mall. We had lunch in the food court and better yet, enjoyed some Lollicup. Though uninterested in a slushee at first, after tasting mine, he decided to go ahead and order one for himself. Oh Lollicup...how I love thee! Parking for the game was an adventure as every entrance we came upon was reserved and we were unable to to park there. Finally, we found a lot and parked while we wondered if we would be in trouble for parking in that area. As we walked into the Hearnes Center, we received free t-shirts compliments of Fox Sports Midwest. Not a bad deal....cheap tickets + a shirt that equaled the cost of the tickets themselves...oh happy day! For our first basketball game, we could not have asked for a better game. The Tigers kicked some Bulldog butt!! We had an awesome time and it was good for my sister and I to be able to spend some time with our dad. Go MIZZOU!!