CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Seattle Scenery-For me, that means seeking out Asians!








Just trying to add some more pics for everyone to see. I'm still learning how this whole thing works. Now that I've mastered adding a slideshow, I'm hoping to conquer adding pics! Both of the pictures shown were taken while vacationing in WA last summer. The people shown in the picture with me are some college students that I met while at one of the National Parks. As we headed to the visitors center, I noticed that one of their shirts read "Tapei University." Tapei is the capitol city of Taiwan. I could hear that they were speaking what I believed to be Mandarin Chinese. I hurried closer & began to converse with them. In doing so, I found out that all of them were from Taiwan & were here in the states studying at Idaho University. We spoke for a bit about my visit to Taiwan as they inquired as to why I had went there & so forth. When asked if they would mind having their picture taken with me, they were most eager to do so. The picture of me by myself was taken at a dam that we went to. During our trip, we decided to ride the ducks (for those that have no idea what the ducks are, they are a cross between a boat & a bus-kind of. Basically, it travels in land & once it hits water, it becomes a boat)in Seattle. As most tours do, the tour guide generally tries to find out where everyone is from. This tour was no different. I noticed an Asian couple before we ever got on & was wishing that i would have been sitting by them. When the guide went around the duck asking each person where they were from, what do you know...the Asian couple was from Taiwan. My energy level went up several notches at that point. As soon as we got back to the duck offices, I hurried off the duck to track the couple down. At first, my forwardness frightened the lady. Once I began talking to she & her husband & they learned that I had been to Taiwan, there was a connection & a receptiveness like no other. We also, visited for a while. They were glad to pose for a picture with me and were happy to give me their e-mail address to write to them. Unfortunately, the scare with taking liquids on the planes came about while we were in Seattle so when it came time to pack it up & head home, we were tossing all kinds of stuff out of our bags. I accidently threw away the ticket stub which had their e-mail address on the back of it. I realized that by the time we were sitting in the Seattle airport. I was so mad at myself. I do not have any recollection as to their names or anything. I only know that the man was here on a business trip & brought his wife with him. If only I had not been so quick to dispose of everything I had! Oh well.