CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Just squirreling around at Busch

My time at Busch Stadium lastnight proved to be a rather entertaining evening. In addition to the Redbirds playing great ball (& winning), the real star of the game was the squirrel that snuck in & became center of attention. After beginning in the Cardinal bullpen, he made his way down the first base line, behind the tarp. He remained there until someone got a hit & the crowd went wild. He came out from hiding then & decided to make his debut on the field. He pooped out about halfway & decided to take a breather in left centerfield. Once he'd stretched & then eaten a bit, he was ready to go again. The inning ended & out came someone from the grounds crew. Everyone was boo-ing him big time & cheering the squirrel on. Ernie Hayes found appropriate music to fit the situation & the chase for the squirrel was being shown on the big screen in the outfield. The squirrel finally wound up down in the opposing team's dugout. I'm guessing they finally caught the little guy. I have certainly never laughed so hard at a baseball game as I did lasnight. Unfortunately, I did not have my camera with me to capture the moment. I am sure that such will not soon be forgotten though.