CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, October 25, 2008

Zip the Lips

With Haley's departure date drawing closer & closer, my only desire is to spend as much time as possible with her before she leaves. Today, we had an opportunity to do so once again. After getting off work, we went later in the afternoon to a local craft show. Though neither of us were looking for anything in particular, it was giving us something to do rather than sit at home on the sofa. Our time at the show was quick as there were not many booths. However, I did purchase a Cardinals Christmas ornament as well as a Mizzou one. Not the most exciting show ever. Once we left there, we headed to Kohls as I was interested in looking for a few new shirts or sweaters. As we were in the clothing department looking around, Haley was a good distance away from me when she held up a sweater & called for me to take a look. I pointed my eyes in her direction & nodded my head as a sign of approval. She commented on how it "looked like me." She then looked at the price tag & very loudly proclaimed, "But it's still expensive!" I felt like crawling into the rack of clothes in front of me. I was rather humiliated. Remember, she was not standing near me--she was a bit aways so I'm sure plenty of individuals had to have heard her just about yell that out. People were probably thinking we're hobo's or something. Then, I must have had a shining moment myself--or at least it sounds as though I did. Haley picked up another shirt & mentioned that I should try it on. The shirt in her hands was short-sleeved & now that we're moving into cooler weather, I'm not interested in freezing in my wardrobe. Haley suggested that I buy a long-sleeve t-shirt to put underneath it. There was a display between Haley & I to the left so anyone or anything on her side to the left was out of my view. As she gave me the fashion tip I told her, "No, that would look gay! That's stupid looking & I'm not doing that!" I thought Haley's face looked a bit strange. Could have been because there was a lady standing right beside her that was dressed in the manner in which Haley had just proposed to me! After we had that bit of excitement, I moved in the fitting room to try on the stack of clothing in my hand. Someone before me, left a ton of clothes in the room & while Haley was kind enough to take some of them out & put them on the rack outside the fitting room area, she did not remove them all from my reach. There happened to be a shirt that someone had left in there that was just my size & caught my eye--it was hideous. I burst out in laughter & Haley was wondering why-(she assumed I couldn't get a shirt off-that I was stuck). I opened the door & was modeling the awful shirt that Haley had just said was ugly. She said it looked nice for an 80 year old. Since I still have a few years before I get there, I decided I'd wait on that one this time. We finally made it out of Kohls & on our way home, stopped at Starbucks to treat ourselves. What a grandiose time out.