CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

What Happened to the Good Ole' Days?

Today, my coworker Christi, was waiting on one of our members. As she finished his transaction & he was leaving the building, she was yelling, "Bye Mr. Wilson" to him. You would have to have met Christi to see why I am saying this but when I heard her calling out to Mr. Wilson, my mind took me back to my days watching Dennis the Menace. I told the coworker next to me, Sarah, that I could see Christi being a little Dennis the Menace. I began to think about that show & how cute it was. I used to laugh so hard when I watched it. As I sat at work, I fell into a nice daydream thinking about all of the old t.v. shows that I watched on Saturday mornings. Camp Candy being amongst my favorites. Of course, Strawberry Shortcake, Rainbow Brite & CareBears were just beginning when I was a kid & when they made their arrival, they were huge--especially amongst young girls like myself. I had the sheets, the dolls, birthday cakes, lunchboxes, etc. I wonder, does anyone else remember Popples? I don't think they were on for long but what a great show. I still can remember the episode when the bathtub was overflowing with bubbles & it spilled out of the house. I think we still have some of those shows on VHS from our childhood. I'm now 29, I have no kids & don't have much of a reason to arise early on a Saturday morning to tune into cartoons. However, when I have seen them, I am saddened by what I see-I can't believe some of the cartoons that exist that kids are watching...crude humor, foul language, violence & much more. What happened to shows of my day...you know, My Little Pony, GI Joe, The Smurfs? Oh well, thanks Mr. Wilson for coming in & taking my mind down memory lane.