CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Memorable Mom's Day



Mother's Day 2008 proved to be a rather memorable one for our family. My parents, Haley & I drove out to Elsberry, MO to be present for the baby dedications of both Baby Drew & Baby Noah. After church, we had planned to eat lunch in the basement of the church. Both Haley & I had prepared desserts that needed refrigerated. We arrived at the church only to discover that the church was without power. With only my small pig keychain flashlight leading us in the dark, we headed down the steps to put our food in the fridge. The whole time, my pig was "oinking." We entered the sanctuary lit by candles & took a seat for the service. I was quite glad that I had worn long sleeves as the wind was blowing like crazy outside & now, inside had no heat. The service went well & we enjoyed watching the slideshow the pastor had put together honoring the mothers within their church. After church had come to an end, my Aunt Sheryl decided we would all just pile in at her house since the church had no electricty. During the short drive from the church to their house, Haley said, "I bet one of the places we've ordered food from is without power." Sure enough, my cousin had ordered pizza from the pizza parlor in town as well as subs from Subway & the pizza place called to notify us that they would be unable to prepare our pizza's as they had no power. Thankfully, we did get our subs. Some headed to the local IGA to get some frozen pizzas & chicken tenders to make up for it all. Fortunately, we are a family that sees the humor in all things so it was a rather funny day.