CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, February 24, 2008

The Raging Bull

For many years, my Dad & Sister have watched bull riding & rodeos on television. Last year, they attented the PBR (Professional Bull Riders) that made a stop here in St. Louis. I recall going to a rodeo when I was very young. While traveling with my grandparents to a Gideons Convention in either Kansas City or Indianapolis (I forget!), that was one of the activities we took part of. I do not remember finding it of any interest back then. Since, I've been convinced of how boring such is. That was all changed after watching Ty Murray's Celebrity Bull Riding program that aired last year on T.V. After much pleading, my Dad finally persuaded me to watch the show & well, I have to say...I rather enjoyed it! I knew then that I wanted to go to the PBR next time it came around. That time was Friday night. My parents, Haley & I went down to the Scottrade Center in downtown St. Louis for an exciting evening. As I watched, I wondered..."What makes someone want to jump on board a huge, terrifying beast?" I've still not come up with a legitimate answer. Sure, money is the obvious choice but I guess I'm just such a big chicken that no dollar amount would be high enough to get me within even 1,000 feet of the animal. Anyway, I really enjoyed myself. The PBR will leave town after tonight's competition & will be heading to the next city. Meanwhile, I will watch on T.V. again to see who the winner here in St. Louis will be.