CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, November 8, 2007

I Have a Maker



Yesterday, we received word that after battling Pancreatic Cancer, 37 year old Dave Oellermann had went home to be with the Lord. Dave leaves behind a wife and a 12 year old daughter. While everyone rejoices that Dave is pain-free now, I cannot begin to fathom the grief that the family is experiencing in losing their loved one. In trying to write a few words of encouragement to that family, the song "I Have a Maker" came to mind. I recall hearing the song earlier this year for the very first time. My fondness towards it grew even stronger after my stroke and job loss. In times where I felt many things (anger, disappointment, sadness, fear, angst, etc.), it seemed that I would walk into church and this is the song we would do on that particular day. I had many days when I would just cry and cry - many times, no one would even know. I would hear this song and be reminded though that I was not accidental, God did form me and did so with a distinct purpose in mind. Even when the tears would fall and I would try to hide the pain, He saw every drop that ran down my face. He knew the hurt within me. There is one thing that has sustained me and that is my hope in Christ; knowing that even through my trials, He will not fail nor will He leave me. He has carried me through. I pray that even though little Haley's earthly father has been separated from her for a while, she will know the love of her Heavenly Father who will remain.