CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Flying Oats

Every Tuesday night, my aunt, uncle and cousin come to watch a couple of t.v. programs with us. From time to time, we will make meals for one another. I graciously volunteered to cook for everyone this evening. I determined what I would prepare and went this morning to buy the necessary ingredients to make this spectacular meal (or awful..we'll see!). When I returned home, I began to place all that I had bought in it's proper place. I opened up the pantry doors and out came the Quaker Oats. Unfortunately, the container was well on it's way to the ground before I could send it back up to safety. Within seconds, half of the oats that WERE in the container, were all over the floor. I, immediately, yelled. Those darn oats made me so angry! Knowing that I could not leave the mess on the floor, I decided I should vacuum them up. If you have never tried vacuuming oats, I would not recommend doing so. For those unaware, oats fly-especially when you try to vacuum them up. My mess that was contained to a small area of the kitchen had now reached not only the kitchen but the breakfast area and laundry area! Even worse, the oats seemed to break into smaller pieces. I did not recall us having a broom here so with fury, I set out to use newspapers to sweep up the mess. Realizing that trying to do so would take hours for the amount of oats that were all over as well as the location of the oats, I decided to search for a broom. To my relief, there was a broom in our garage. Finally, my mess was cleaned. All of that trouble because someone must not have placed the lid of the oats on tightly. I ought to beat them with a wet noodle! Actually, mid-way, I began to find the whole event very humorous. Lesson of the day for me? Should I have a mishap with oats again, I WILL NOT bring forth a vacuum cleaner near them! The picture above is after I had cleaned up some of the mess.