CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, October 25, 2013

Happy 35th Birthday Mr. Sharma!

I had hoped that by this time, I’d be standing beside you as your wife celebrating your birthday with you. However, as I shared with T.R.’s students when I visited in January, Proverbs 16:9 is a reoccurring theme in my life. Once again, we had OUR plans but it is HIM who directs our steps. I trust that all of this is for HIS glory; though difficult it is to be far from you, the man my heart adores. I understand that in every relationship, there will be highs & lows; difficulties & trials. Emerging two cultures together within a marriage brings about other aspects that most couples will never face. Yet, I know that if we keep Christ at the center of our lives & our relationship, He will sustain us. In our differences, is the fact that at this very moment, your face is probably red & blushing with embarrassment that my words to you are being read before all of your friends, co-workers & students. My culture says that there is nothing wrong with displaying love & affection publicly. That can definitely be taken too far & there is a time & place for everything I agree. As a Christian bride-to-be, I want the entire world to know that God has not only poured out His love for me as He sent His only son to the cross to die on my behalf but He has shown me love again by giving me you, N.P. The Bible says that every good & perfect gift comes from the Father above. Next to my salvation, you are the greatest gift I’ve ever been blessed with. So, my dear husband-to-be, oblige me while I brag on you a bit. I can hear you now saying, “Heather, we do not boast…I am not good. We boast only in God & the work He has done.” You are right. Apart from Him, you are no good; nor am I, nor is anyone else. You have your faults as I have my faults as well. Your willingness to recognize, acknowledge, admit them & seek to be conformed into His image daily sets you apart from so many. I see that & see such beauty. With each day that passes, you become more & more attractive to me. Many things can be said on the phone, through e-mail & even on Skype. Yet, once I came to you in January, I was able to see that the authenticity I depicted over the months was actuality. I thought I was going to be meeting a guy that was sincere, real, genuine, caring, compassionate & while you were (& are) all of those things, you are so much more. Spending time with you in person, one-on-one was better than I could ever have imagined. Even so, that is not the thing that impressed me the most when I was there. Watching your interaction with others brought me to tears several time as I saw within you, the love that you have for people. I asked Shang Lama to inquire among the students what it is they like about you &/or things they admire about you. Shang shared with me that the students said that you are caring & like a friend to them. I saw that side of you in just two short weeks of being with you. I saw your caring, kind, compassionate side as I voiced frustrations & you listened & encouraged me. Definitely that was seen when I became sick & you did not hesitate at all to rush to my side to help me. You are, just as you should be, my best friend. I am thankful for the fact that even while you must be authoritative & lead your students, many of them know you & trust you as their friend that they can come to for Godly wisdom & counsel. I am so pleased to be marrying such a man. I cannot be with you on this, your special day but if the Lord wills, I will be there for your next birthday. My prayer is that of Proverbs 9:11, that by Him, your days will be multiplied & years may be added to your life.” I would like to offer up a prayer for you on this day.

Gracious Lord, Author & Giver of Life,
Today, I come to You thanking You for Your creation; N.P. I praise You because before he was even born You knew him, You created him in Your inmost being. You chose him & have had great plans for him in which You are continually working through him to accomplish Your purpose. God, I thank You not just for giving him life physically but for breathing life eternal into him by the power of Your Holy Spirit. Father, I thank You for drawing him to Yourself & for making Your will & ways known to him. I thank, You, Jesus that even from a world away as my grandparents, parents & I prayed for many years for God to send me a Godly mate; You have heard our petition & sent me N.P. Lord, we are not guaranteed tomorrow but we trust You with every moment You give us. Father, I ask that You continue to guide & direct N.P. on the path of righteousness. God, let him call upon You & seek Your face for every decision that must be made. May You fill him with Your wisdom & Your knowledge. Draw him closer & closer to Your side daily. Father, may You use him to fulfill Your work here on Earth for Your kingdom in heaven. May he be Your mouthpiece to a lost & dying people that desperately are in need of You. Jesus, may he praise You in the good times & in the bad with the understanding that through trials & tribulations, You are perfecting his faith. Father, I pray that Your hand be upon him that he may remain in good health. Give him rest when he is weary & strength when he is weak. Remind him each day that he belongs to You, he is YOUR child & You love him unconditionally forever. God, I thank You for the ways You have worked in his life thus far & I praise You in advance for that which You are going to do in & through Your son Narayan. Jesus, it is in Your most holy, precious name – the only name in which one can be saved that I ask these things, Amen.

 N.P., my love, I close this extremely long letter out by wishing you the very best birthday. Yes, 35 sounds old to you but thank the Lord for blessing you with 35 years. I love you with all of my heart & cannot wait to be Mrs. Sharma!