CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Chatterbox

Well, I've not written lately. Unfortunately, at this time, I'm not able to post pictures. For whatever reason, when I sign onto blogger, this thing has a mind of it's own. Sometimes I'm able to post pictures, other times it will say it's posting it & then immediately, I'm directed back to the upload screen. Anyway...

Lastnight, we were at my aunt & uncle's house as usual (we always get together every Tuesday evening for dinner & tv--currently, we watch The Biggest Loser while stuffing ourselves full of desserts) & my Cousins, Drew & Hannah, were there as well. My aunt & uncle were watching the two of them (their grandkids) while their mom was at a meeting. Hannah is 3 & oh so very entertaining. Though she has scoped my dad out in the past & paid some attention to him, she'd never really took a great interest in him. Until lastnight...he was her world lastnight. I had never heard her call my dad by his name (Doug) until yesterday. Currently, everything she says is "Hey guys", "Hey Heather"--all sentences begin with "Hey." As we sat at the table eating, all of a sudden, Hannah said, "Hey Doug" and began a whole conversation with her Uncle Doug. She just talked & talked. Later, she told her Grandma that she wanted to go sit with Doug because he was her friend. Before we left, she went & stood in front of my dad & looked up at him & then said, "Doug...I like you." I looked to see my dad picking her up for a hug & heard him say, "I like you too Hannah." She couldn't get enough of him for some reason. Funny. I do believe it made his night though. In fact, even tonight as my mom was on the phone with my mema in Alabama telling her about my grandpa's sister who is in the hospital dying & how much his sister loves my dad (she calls him Dougie), Dad commented that everyone loved him. He then said, "Even Hannah loves me now!" As he cherished those moments lastnight, I watched & considered that he was probably thinking back to the days when Haley & I were that little. He was more than likely remembering the moments that we would want to crawl up in his lap, give him a hug & tell him that we loved him. Now, his 2 girls are all grown up. But, our love for him is no less. I'm sure a small piece of him saw Haley & I as he loved on Hannah lastnight. That little girl brings such a smile to my face & makes me laugh hysterically. She may only be 3 but she LOVES to talk--goes a mile a minute & never slows down. I can hardly wait to see what she'll say or do next time around!